05 June, 2009

a new tenant, a new tenet


i found myself today across the street from the white house. i had just finished lunch with Michael Bracy of the Future of Music Coalition, one of the groups that invited me to new orleans, and i didnt want to get on the metro just yet. so i wandered a little bit around the department of the treasury and eisenhower office buildings (under renovation), and around the grounds of the white house. it brought back memories of family trips to see the national christmas tree and to take the white house tour. and it brought back memories of marches i went on in highschool and gatherings on the mall. DC on a wet, early summer day is literally dripping with business. good business. people bustling around, now doing the work of an administration that points as close to my way of thinking as anything i can remember. what a change. i stood in front of the white house and just took it all in. a great leader lives there again. and my heart swelled a bit with a strange feeling: pride.

PS: i saw michelle's garden, and what i think was a beehive. is it possible the white house is making its own honey?

3 comments:

  1. I hear she does have beehives. If for nothing else than to pollinate the garden but I bet she takes advantage of the honey. It is good to hear that the seat of our country feels positive again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience.I've never been to the White House;a trip that is on a must do list for me. Keep singing and playing your heart out!Love your music and you write well,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thats very interesting information. I need to share with my friends.

    ReplyDelete